Thursday, July 9, 2015

what lies behind // what lies ahead



In case you wondered where I’ve been on my unannounced, unexpected hiatus, I’ll answer simply: I got distracted. You know how every new year starts full of resolutions and intention, only to have your mind wander and resolve fail? That’s been my experience this year. For me, life has always been a circle of wandering and re-centering my heart, an endless cycle that helps me stretch and grow as I come back to the things at my core. And while admitting that I’m human and that I lose focus easily sucks, it’s a truth I’ve learned to face.

I recently experienced loss for the first time. Big, sweeping, deep loss. And while I haven’t processed it enough to write about it in full, the past week of my life has been a push towards re-centering. Kindred Conversations represents what’s at my core (or at least, what I want to be there): a love for people, for listening, for creativity, for fully inhabiting life instead of sleepwalking through it. I know I only have a couple months left in Knoxville, but I want to conduct more of these interviews before I go.


If you want to talk, I'm ready to listen.

No comments :

Post a Comment